Thursday, September 17, 2009

Radiation Onocoglist



I apologize for taking some time to write, one of my proofreaders was out of town for a few days. Grandma Gabrielson had eye surgery yesterday so my dad was down in Austin taking her to the Mayo Clinic for a check up. So far so good.

First the important news, I’m done visiting my radiation oncologist unless I find something in one of my lymph nodes. Then I need to call right away. He gave me very strict instructions on what to look for. You would think he was talking to a first grader. My doctor is very nice but very by the books. So that’s exciting news. One doctor down two to go.

Overall I’m doing pretty good besides getting a little tired as the days of the week go on. Sometimes it’s my own fault because I try and do too much.

Last Friday I went to Dena’s for the afternoon and we made mosaic balls. It was a lot of fun. You can see a picture of our projects. I still think Chris (Dena’s husband) thinks we are crazy for our talented art work.

Saturday I went to the Osseo Lions Roar Parade with some people from St. Paul’s Lutheran church (the church I used to work at). It was tons of fun seeing Jenny, Jane and Cindy and the weather was nice and hot. In the evening we (my parents, myself, and the Feeny's ) went to the Anoka Crusin for the last time of the year. We did find a place to watch the Gopher Football game. I think we were all wishing that we were at the game.

Sunday, Dena and I went to Austin for Grandparents day to see Grandma Gabrielson. It was the first time Dena and I had been to her new place. It was nice to see her. All I can say is the people that work there are gifted people. I don’t think I would have the patients to deal with what they deal with every day.

School is great, it’s calm before the storm, and the boys in the morning are wonderful especially on Thursday (white frosted donuts with sprinkles).

Sally and Bailey have had a wonderful visit. Sally has had a nice vacation from her home. She actually hangs out with us instead of hiding from the excitement at her house. Bailey is a very sweet dog. We love having her. Both dogs get along great and are leaving on Friday sometime. We weren't friends this morning at 4:45 am. when Sally decided it was time to get up and play.

Have a great weekend
Anna

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Great News! Glad to hear you are having fun. Love the updates!
See you soon,
Sandy

Erin said...

Great news on this first doctor, Anna! Fingers crossed for the next two.... I'm glad to hear you had a smooth start to school and love the mosaic ball! Thinking of you, Erin