Saturday, June 13, 2009

Last Chemo

I would like to thank Judy Watke and Rolly for hanging out with me during Chemo. We did have enough time to watch two movies Dodgeball (male humor) and Hitch. My dad brought us pizza and hung out for a long time since I wasn't doing very well.

I normally don't say this, but my last chemo sucked. What could go wrong went wrong. We got started late due to getting into the doctor late. We sat in the waiting room for 45 minutes. Then I got to chemo and it took them four times to get my IV in. I normally have some problems getting the IV in, but nothing like that before. Before chemo even started I got sick. That hasn't happened before. It took a little longer then normal to get my chemo done and I was missing a chemo drug. On a good note, I did have my favorite nurse, Karen, for my last chemo.

Here are some notes or updates. I will have a respiratory test Monday morning, followed by a naulasta shot in the afternoon, and then a CT scan after that. Two weeks from Friday I will meet with the doctor and the people in radiation.

For those that have been following the blog, I haven't needed the naulasta shot in 6 weeks. I'm getting it this time to help prevent infections because of my cough. It's been a great 6 weeks not needing the shot. I have had some joint pain without the shot, but I know it will be worse with the shot. I may be looking for a hot tub later in the week. I moved home so I don't have the neighbors nice tub.

I'm also looking for a aloe plant for radiation. Julie Benson suggested I get one. If any one has a suggestion on where I can get one let me know.

Have a great weekend

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEA ANNA....this part of your journey DONE! The must have wanted to make your last appointment memorable for you :)

Cathy Witte

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna,

I have been "technically challenged" all weekend. My phone died on me while we were talking on Friday, and my other phone was in a permanent state of not picking up a signal. Pair this with the new computer that couldn't get a wireless signal! I am finally back online and am SO SO excited that you are done with chemo! Let me know an update after your appts on Monday :) All of my phones are back in working order!

AJ Ladies said...

Yeah -chemo's DONE! We missed you this morning. Hope the next phase goes well. Whenever you are up to it stop by and say hi. Our prayers are with you, as we think of you often.

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna
I have been following your Blog and by now you have had your last chemo. Congrat's on that. Things are going well at Adams thus far. But being nocturnal as I am It is hard to get up so early. Wish you the best on your next steps and we all are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Dean Knutson (Adams staff)