Thursday, June 4, 2009

What a week

Eight days until my last chemo. Not that I'm counting!

This week as been a little different then most. It started with a cough last Wednesday and by Monday I had shortness of breath and still a cough. A call to the doctors office and a new med is supposed to help with the cough. So far it hasn't, but at least I can breathe for the most part. They will be taking away one of my chemo drugs but it shouldn't change anything as far as chemo goes.

Last week was my last day of school for the school year. This week I have had to go in and do a few things but it's nice working on my time.

Here are some other things I have done this week. Tuesday my dad and Jim had the dragster at Sandburg Middle School in Anoka for Tech Ed. I went to help get the car out and in the trailer. Tuesday evening I went and got a massage at the Cancer Center at Unity and then went to a benefit concert with some of the girls at the pool. Wednesday I worked a little in the afternoon at the pool and then I went to a kindergartner's baseball game. Joshua had a few nice hits.
Today was the last day of school for the boys who I get up in the morning. It's fun to see how excited they are about summer vacation.

Have a great rest of the week
Thanks for the notes of encouragement
Anna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEA ANNA.....last treatment is in sight! You are amazing and I can only imagine how happy you are to be done :) Do they have a little "I'm done with chemo party" for you at the clinic? They should!!! Take care and see you soon!!!!

Cathy

Unknown said...

Anna, you are an amazing individual and we all can learn a lot from your strength, courage and positive attitude through all of this. I love reading your updates! Please know we are thinking of you and praying for you. Love, Sharon and Don