Thursday, June 11, 2009

One more day

As of right now I have my last Chemo tomorrow. I have a doctors appointment first followed by chemo.

Dena is in Miami on a nice long weekend which is a great vacation for her. She has spent a ton of time with me in chemo. I don't think she ever thought we would have so much bonding time or having to watch Katie Lee and Hoda in the morning with me.

So I have friends bringing me, visiting me, and my dad bringing lunch. My dad will bring me home after a stop for a icee.

I have had some questions about radiation. It should start some time in July. I'm hoping to be done by August (that's my schedule). I haven't met with radiology yet. That should happen sometime here in the next few weeks. They told me two weeks ago that I need to wait at least two weeks after my last chemo to begin radiation. They need the chemo drugs out of my system in order to start radiation.

Also far as my breathing and cough goes, I will have a respiratory test on Monday morning at North Memorial. My breathing is much better but I still have a cough.

My white blood cell count was back up so I didn't need a shot again this week. That's so exciting, I would do almost anything not to get a shot.

On Tuesday I made a trip to Como Zoo with a friend's kids for a few hours, the highlight of the day was the rides. I made a few trips to Grandma Wetterlunds for lunch to visit Rolly. This week I also had healing touch appointment and a massage. I was told I had good energy.

Healing Touch is an "energy therapy" that uses gentle hand techniques thought to help re-pattern the patient's energy field and accelerate healing of the body, mind, and spirit.
Healing Touch (HT) can help lessen post-surgical pain, reduce the anxiety and stress of various medical procedures, relieve and/or reduce the effects of chemotherapy, lend support for those withdrawing from substance abuse and so much more, according to the Healing Touch Worldwide Foundation. I'm not sure if I liked it or not but it was worth a try.

Have a great Friday
I will check in again this weekend
Anna



1 comment:

Briana Feeny said...

Congratulations on your last chemo Anna! What an accomplishment to have made it through that tough stuff, you are a trooper! I wish you all the best,
Briana