Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Done with Radiation




















As of right now I'm done with radiation. I finished up on Wednesday August 5th. Thank you to the girls at the pool and the triathlon group for going out on Wednesday night to celebrate. I can't taste much (I can taste over salty and sweet things) but I can taste a beer. It's nice not having to plan your day around radiation. I'm still recovering from the side effects of radiation and the side effects are fatigue, sore throat, and skin rash. As of right now I could sleep 24/7 and still not get enough sleep.

Some of you have asked what my wig looks like. I only wear it for special occasions (wedding pictures). My brother Bryan got married over the weekend to Jessica. So you have your chance to see my wig. Yes my hair is growing back but very slowly. I will probably go back to school in September wearing hats.


The wedding was a lot of fun and it was great seeing all the family and friends on Saturday evening. I have attached a picture of my siblings (myself, Bryan, and Dena) and the other picture is of the family. Bryan and Jessica had a cartoonist at the wedding so the last picture is of myself and Katie Scheevel (a family friend).

The pool closed to the public on Friday so it's nice not having to get up and go to work every day. I'm still working a little bit at the pool helping clean.

Also this week I had a CAT scan on Monday for my respiratory appointment on Thursday morning. I'm still on prednisone for my cough which is helping with the nice weight gain. I still have a little bit of a cough from time to time.

I meet with my oncologist Dr. Larson on Friday August 21st, Dena is going with me. We have fun when we meet with him. He's pretty funny. I should know what my next step in treatment is after that appointment. I'm not holding my breathe since anything can happen.

On Friday I'm going to Brainerd for the weekend to watch Lucas Oil NHRA Nationals with my dad.


Happy Birthday to
Jen and Ken Meyer,
Steve Feeny and Sandy Orth

Happy Anniversay to
My mom and dad
Ali and Cam Becker
Anne and Shaun Karson
Marica and David Wetterlund

Have a wonderful week
Anna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a lot of fun going out to celebrate your last day of treatment. I think we should celebrate the pool opening back up too - ya know anything for an excuse to go out and hang together :) You look beautiful in your sibling picture - Laura