Sunday, August 2, 2009

3 days left

As of right now I have 3 days of radiation left. I should be done on Wednesday. Every week I have a doctors appointment on Wednesday or Thursday depending on my doctors schedule. Last week I had one on Thursday after radiation, I asked the doctor what to expect after Wednesday of this week. He told me that I have a 6 week break with some scans and then I have a check up. I will have an appointment with the Respiratory doctor on August 13th, no the cough still isn't completely gone but it's better
I'm doing pretty good, just tired most of the time. It's getting hard to get up in the morning, the fatigue is setting in. My skin is still red and hot most of the time where I had the radiation. I must say lotion helps a lot.
Through the Cancer Society, they set me up with a Pilate's class in Anoka (Pilates on the Porch in Anoka). I started on Thursday evening and have it for the next 3 weeks. It's using a Pilates Reformer, it was pretty cool.
This is also the last week the pool is open. Then I start my summer break. My brother is getting married on Saturday August 8th. So it's sort of a busy week for us at the Gabrielson's.
Have a great week!
Anna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Anna-
Glad radiation is going well and that's almost over. We're looking forward to the reception this weekend and hope you will be able to enjoy the whole works!! Hang in there,Kiddo! We still think and pray for you (along with a ton of others!!). We can catch up on Saturday!
Jeanine & Wes