Monday, August 17, 2009

A weekend away


First, I forgot to update you on my last doctors appointment. I met with the Respiratory doctor on Thursday morning. It's still a mystery that I'm still coughing. I usually cough about 5 minutes in the morning and again sometime in the evening. So I will be on prednisone for another 6 weeks. I go back to the Respiratory doctor in October.

On Friday I went up to BIR (Brainerd International Raceway) for the weekend for the NHRA Nationals. Overall it was a fun weekend minus the rain on Saturday evening and Sunday morning. It was fun to get way for the first time in a long time and do something fun. The pictures are from this weekend. My dad had his Nostalgia race car on display for people to look at and the kids to sit in. (The Wetterlund family, if you look at the picture above, you can see Jim Wetterlund in the yellow hat.) They started the race car a few times a day. Another picture is of our campsite for the weekend it worked out great having electricity in the heat of Friday. The picture of the two guys is Mike Dunn and Dave Rieff during the taping of NHRA Raceday shown on ESPN 2 on Sunday mornings. We had it taped before we left so we came home to watch ourselves on TV. If anyone wants to see me (or my dad) on TV let us know we DVR it. The last picture is taken from our seats and one of my favorite drivers is John Force. I came home a little tired and sore from walking. Other then that I can't wait for a few weeks from now when my dad and I go up to BIR to race.

This week is a pretty slow week and it's hard to believe I go back to work in 2 weeks. I have some plans to see friends this week. I also have an oncologist appointment on Friday. Dena is going with me to see Dr. Larson hopefully we find out what the next plan in treatment is.

Have a good week
Anna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Anna-
We were so disappointed that we couldn't make it to Bryan's wedding but it looks (and sounds like) it went well and everyone had a good time. Hope we can catch up with Bryan another time. Sure glad to see you out and about having a good time. Nice to get away for awhile. Glad things are going well and the end is in sight! You're always in our prayers and thoughts so keep up the good work, Trooper! Hope to see you at church soon so we can catch up a little bit. Until then, keep up the great attitude!
Jeanine & Wes