Monday, July 27, 2009

The last week

The last week we has been fun and trying.
My skin is getting redder and the lotion is being applied more frequently.
I spent the last week dog and house sitting. It was nice to have a reason to walk every day. Our days consisted of working (Anna not the dog), sleeping, eating, playing outside, radiation (only Anna), and eating. Thanks to the girls at the pool and Amie for applying the lotion twice daily since I wasn't at home.
I developed a sore throat about a week and a half ago. Not sure if it was really a sore throat from radiation or if it was a true sore throat. By Tuesday of last week it was painful swallowing. I haven't had strep throat but they tell me this is strep throat times 3. On Wednesday during my doctors visit they gave me the "Magic Wash" to use before and after meals. It only works about 1/2 the time. So I'm working on changing what I eat. Mac and cheese and mash potatoes are the best along with Giant Cheetos. It's amazing how painful it can be to swallow something. Hopefully this will help me lose some weight.
Over the weekend it was the annual Tennant camp out at Baker Park Reserve. I went out to the campground on Saturday evening for the potluck of all potlucks. It seems like the food gets better and more of it every year. We also had the parents vs kids volleyball game. And yes, I did play.
Sunday evening I went for my first run since the beginning of March. My dad went with me and we did a run a block and walk a block run. I did come home tired and out of breath but you have to start some where. It's amazing how good it feels to be in running clothes and tennis shoes. Hopefully I will find time to run again later this week.
Have a wonderful week
Anna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU GO ANNA!!!!!!

Cathy Witte