Sunday, July 19, 2009

Radiation 7 days down

So far radiation has gone as planned. It's every day (Monday-Friday) at 3:20. I'm still working on finding my favorite lotion (aloe is the winner as of right now). My parents will tell you my skin looks sunburned all the time where I'm getting radiation.

Over all besides working out, I'm doing almost everything I normally do. I still like to take naps and spend most of the weekend sleeping or going out in the evening. I find it amazing that people are surprised that I'm going out. You know, you can only sit at home so long. I told my parents at the beginning that I wanted to live my life as normal as possible as long as possible and over all I think I have done that.

It's a small world. I was at radiation on Friday talking to my nurse and she said, Anna I know you from some where. I told her she looked familiar but we couldn't really place where we know each other from. Then on my way home I called back to the clinic because I figured out where I know her from. It was Leah from Best Buy, we worked together in sales audit. I guess you never know who will be taking care of you.

This week I'm dog sitting for the week. It's nice that I'm doing something I normally like to do.
Have a great week!
Anna

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna,
Laavender oil (a few drops) in a carrier oil like almond is very good for sunburn (only requires 1 or 2 applications vs. a dozen to aloe) ... it *might* work for the radiation after effects. Never tried it, but you never know.
Glad you're doing well! :)
Your cousin in TX,
Heather

Anonymous said...

Anna...just have to tell EVERYONE reading this blog..."I saw Anna this morning for the first time in about a month and SHE LOOKS AMAZING!" Hugs from the Wittes!

Cathy Witte

Anonymous said...

It was good to see you a few weeks ago. You have have great attitude!!!
We continue to follow your journey and remember you in prayer.
Jan & Marlee