Sunday, July 12, 2009

2 days of Radiation

I started radiation last Thursday, July 9th. I go every day Monday-Friday at 3:20 pm, it's about a 10 minute appointment, then I'm done. It beats sitting in chemo for 4-6 hours. Radiation is much like laying on a backboard with your head in the rescue breathing position and laying there for about 3 minutes, then I'm done. So far I haven't had much for side effects besides itchy skin. Right now I'm trying different lotions. I can eat almost anything, it's just a little science experiment when I'm done, sometimes I get a metal taste in my mouth, other than that it's not to bad. I have figured out I can't eat anything overly cold, like ice cream or my other favorite icees.

This weekend Dena and I hosted a bridal shower for Jessica, Bryan's fiance. It was the first time most of the family on my mom's side has met her. She got a lot of nice gifts. It was also Chris (Dena's husband) birthday this weekend, so as a family we went out to Punch Pizza for dinner tonight. On the other exciting note, I went for a walk this afternoon only to come home and sleep for a few hours. I had to remind my parents that I haven't been getting my afternoon nap for the last three days and it really doesn't help with the fatigue.

Other all I'm doing pretty good, I'm just working on trying to figure out what lotion will do the trick.

Have a good week
Anna

1 comment:

Dena said...

I'm glad to hear that radiation doesn't have the same terrible side effects of chemo. Hopefully you'll have it figured out in a few days.

It's great to hear that you are starting to do some walking and rebuilding your strength. Just remember to find time for naps even after you are healthy again.