Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Radiation

On Monday I had my second PET Scan. As of right now everything is going as planned my cancer is either gone or shirking.
Today I met with Dr. John Kosiak at North Radiation Therapy Center for my consultation. Their is some debate over me having an additional 2 cycles of chemo. Dr. Kosiak explained in detail why he would like this. My mass in my chest was bigger then .33 cm and according to the NCCN (National Comprehensive Cancer Network) practice guidelines they recommend more chemo. I have Stage 2A Hodgkins Lynmphoma. He is going to call my oncologist Dr. Larson to discuss this. I should know on Monday if more chemo is in my future or we will move on with about 20 days of radiation.
On Monday, July 6th I have my Simulation and CT planning appointment. At this appointment they will take x-rays of the treated area. I will also get my permanent tattoo marking on Monday. The CT is used to further outline the treatment area.
As for my cough and shortness of breath, it's better this week. I'm still working with the respiratory doctor. All my test last week came back negative, so that's a good thing. As of right now she hasn't scheduled me any new tests.
Have a great 4th of July!
Anna

No comments: