Saturday, May 16, 2009

Another Day at Chemo

Friday morning I had a doctor's appointment. Everything is normal. The doctor told me I didn't need to get a shot again this weekend, but I will need to go in and get my white blood count tested again the Wednesday before treatment. He said to expect to get a shot on Wednesday and Thursday. I was at 8.0 two weeks ago and yesterday my white blood count was at 3.0 and I need to be at 2.0 to continue with chemo. I don't have a lot of room to drop this time. My parents have been concerned about the amount of fatigue that I have had after this last round of chemo. The doctors and nurses reaction was that it took you this long to get fatigue. I will have another PET scan after my last chemo.

Chemo was faster then normal this time which was nice. Dena and I did have enough time to watch two movies. Cindy Scheevel came with my dad for lunch. It was great having new enterainment. I think we are still laughing, thanks Cindy.

When I got home from chemo, with icee in hand, I was really tired and slept most of the evening. Last night was one of the first times that nothing tested good. I think my mom got tired of running up the stairs changing what I would try to drink. I finally told them to go get another icee. I also had extereme nausau and called the on call doctor. He basically told me to relax and if it's still bad this morning to call and I could go in for an IV. Last night was the first time I got sick after chemo.

This morning so far I'm feeling pretty good. I did have breakfast and a little drink.

Thanks for all the support and cards
Anna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna,
This weekend was the Regional Cancer Walk for our area. We were at the local High School track for 24 hours. I walked from 4:00 to 6:00 A.M. in your honor. (no kids, etc. so I could go at that time and it wasn't hot). I appreciate your blog so that I know how you and your family are doing. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily.
Love you,
Pat a.k.a. Auntie Patty

Dena said...

Anna - I hope you are feeling better this week. How has the warm weather been with your fatigue? Take some time to rest!

Dena