Friday, May 1, 2009

Chemo-Cycle #3 Day 1












I get requests for pictures. The first is the products from the Look Good Feel Good Class-now you know why I look so good. The next picture is me in chemo with my IV, the next picture is the IV in my left arm.
The next pictures is the TV (yes, I have questions about how big the TV is) and the last picture is my fan club for the day watching a movie after eating pizza (Dad and Dena)

This morning we first met with the Dr. Ross Siemers, my oncology doctor. He checked my lymph nodes and found no signs of any lumps. That is very exciting! Also, my white blood cell count is up so I don't have to go and get my very hated shot this weekend. Instead, I need to have my blood checked the Wednesday before chemo and if it's a problem then I would get a different shot. I'm quiet sure I could of kissed him for not having to get a shot. He was full of good news in my world. I'm hoping to have very little joint and bone pain now. Life is Good!

For Chemo I had the same nurse as last time, Nurse Karen is amazing! Dena (my sister) came with me for chemo and the doctors appointment. Dena has been a rock through my treatments and doctor visits. For lunch my dad brought in pizza from Broadway Pizza and joined us while we watched a movie. It's always nice having visitors. Overall, Chemo was about the same as before just a long day. We got to the clinic at 10:00 and left just before 4:00. It's way to much sitting around for me.

One fun thing is sometimes when I'm at chemo people will walk around handing out cookies and greetings. Today a guy I think his name is Peter, he's friends with one of the staff at the clinic, comes by with the most awesome cookies for everyone and he's so cheery when he comes in. Today he came in and discussed that he was wearing a sweater on top and shorts on the bottom. Winter on top and summer on the bottom, we decided that's Minnesota weather.

Pool Staff, I did see Julia again at chemo. It's to bad we run in to each other at Chemo instead of at fun stuff in the real world. Things are looking up for her and she is truly amazing. It helps me seeing her chemo even though it's not a fun place to met people you know.

Tonight when I got home I was super tired and nauseous. I did take a nap and woke up feeling better or was it from seeing Joe Mauer hit a home run in his first at bat that helped the nauseous.

I was able to eat some chicken noodle soup, and bread for supper. My normal first meal and I'm on the icees for drinks. We stop and get one on the way home and my dad ran and got me another one later. It helps with the nasty taste my mouth.

Have a good weekend
I will try and blog again this weekend
Anna

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna,

I am so happy that you were blessed with good news this week :)

Thinking of you!

~Annette

Dena said...

The pictures look great! I hope you find a place to nap outside in the sun this weekend so you can enjoy it while we have it in the forecast.

Dena

Anonymous said...

Yea for the good news for you!!! I bet he would have been shocked had you actually kissed him....good restraint. Can't wait to see you on Saturday Anna!!!!!

Cathy

Anonymous said...

Anna:
I'm SO happy to hear about ALL of your good news!! I haven't showed the boys the latest pics yet, but we'll look at them tonight.
See you soon,
Amie

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna,
I've been following your blog for a few weeks. I'm very happy to see that you are in such good spirits and that things are going as well as can be for you. You've been in my thoughts, so I thought I would reach out and say hello.
Your cousin in TX,
Heather

PS. Love the buzz ... I know you prob don't want to keep it, but for what its worth, it looks good on you :) Now all you need are really big earrings ...