Saturday, May 30, 2009

Chemo # 7

First I forgot to report that my white blood cell count was great on Wednesday morning. I think I pray more for the shot then anything. I can't stand the shots. Thank you Judy for taking me, it was wonderful taking with you.

This weekend Dena is spending quality time with me. She took me to my doctor and chemo yesterday and is now spending the rest of the weekend with me since my parents are in Minneapolis for my dad's award banquet. I was a little concerned about having chemo so early in the morning. I usually have my appointments around noon but this time we started around nine. I thought things went pretty good. My dad stopped in to check on me and Dena and watch a movie with us. Dena did let me watch some of the morning talk shows. Love watching Hoda and Kathy Lee in the morning. They are so funny. I also had a few phone calls during chemo so that helped distract me for a while. I had a problem with nausea during chemo so they gave me some more meds and that seemed to help along with peppermint oil. On my way home I made a few phone calls checking to see if any one had peppermint oil.

When we got home I was tired and took a short nap. And got a phone call on where to find peppermint oil. I don't think Dena thought she would be driving around so much for me. We also tried ginger candy. I haven't decided if I like it or not.

Here is the funny part of the evening. My mom called about 10pm to check on us. I answered the phone said a few words, threw the phone to run to the bath room to get sick. Dena told her it was all her fault since I was doing fine until she called. But it seems to be that time of night after chemo since it was the same time as last time.

In 13 days I have my last chemo. Here is the plans for treatment as of right now. I will have my next PET Scan after that and meet with my doctor again and the radiologist. The earliest I can start radiation will be two weeks after chemo. They have to wait for all of my meds to get out of my system.

I will try and have Dena write on my blog this weekend. I also have some pictures to down load and get on my blog. With some cute things I have received from school.

Have a great weekend
Anna

No comments: