Saturday, March 21, 2009

Chemo #2

I taught swimming lessons in Friday morning and learned the hard way that it causes dehydration being in the water that long. I thought that I drank enough but they basically told me I need to drink Gatorade all the way from the pool to the clinic and the problem should be solved. Also my white blood cell count was a little low so they had to wait for a doctor to give permission to start chemo. This afternoon I will have to go to the Hospital and get a shot of Neulasta (this will continue until I'm done with chemo). So it took longer then it should of to get started. My dad came to see where chemo takes place and how it gets started.
We got home after stopping at a few places at 7:00. I had some problems with nausea and I called the on call doctor to change one of my meds. That seemed to help a little bit.
On Thursday night, one of my dad's Aunties died so her Funeral is on Sunday afternoon in Rochester. They decided it won't be a good idea for me to go. I have a few people stopping in to check on me and if anyone else is in the neighborhood you're welcome to do so or give me a call.
Have a great weekend
Anna

4 comments:

bfeeny said...

Hang in there anna! Thinking of you,
Bri

Anonymous said...

How was Sunday? Did you get enough rest this weekend?

Cathy said...

Anna,
Did you get enough rest??? I stayed a long time! Hopefully you slept after Judy and I left.

Always want to get out so call when you are up for a movie or a walk or something!!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Anna, I am thinking of you! Shirlee