Sunday, March 29, 2009

This weekend

This weekend was for relaxing and naps. I think a new reality for me. I'm used to trying to do a hundred things in one weekend and I just can't. Some days it's success just getting out of bed.
Friday night I was able to go see Johnny Holmes (my dad's favorite local band) for an hour. It's sad that I beat my parents to bed. That's after teaching swimming lessons in the morning, eating lunch at Applebee's (the only thing I wanted before chemo last time), and napping all afternoon.
Saturday Jeanine Schieck came and visited in the morning. Thanks Jeanine for the flowers and taking time to come and visit us. Again it was more naps. I think I was on the 45 minute nap followed by 30 minutes awake repeat until bed time. I saw a few of the NCAA hockey games, but I can't tell you the scores of the games.
Sunday, I taught Sunday School and went to a pancake breakfast. Thank you Don and Sharon Gabrielson for stopping and seeing us. It was great seeing you and thanks for the magazines, Dena and I will put them to good use on Friday. I have had some problems with HOT flashes. Let me tell you it's not fun at 34 having hot flashes. I'm using a old pool technique opening the freezer to help.
This week I hope to have a normal week. I'm sure I will need to stop and take some naps. My energy level isn't the same as it was last time between chemo.
I have a doctors appointment (at 10:00) before chemo on Friday, as of right now Dena is going to chemo with me before she leaves on vacation for a week. I will be in chemo from 11:00 until who knows when. You're more then welcome to stop and see us during chemo if you are around on Friday.
Have a great week!
Anna

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hey Anna!
So glad to hear you are getting some good rest.
We are praying that you have the strength to get through this and that your body would heal completely. Keep up the fight!
Take care,
Jen, and family

robyn said...

Hey Anna
Just stopping by to check up on you. Stay strong, slow down and get the rest you need! Although we all know you like to be the Energizer Bunny! lol

And remember...when you're up to it some weekend or weeknight...I could use a walking partner once in a while! I'm training to do the Breast Cancer 3Day!



Robyn